Our Church History
August 14, 1878, marks the beginning of our church history. Cato and Sethey Adams donated some land for the purpose of building a house of worship. The property was deeded to Cato Adams, Samson Miles, and William Dorsey. The church was built and given the name, Jackson Chapel. It was dedicated on October 12, 1879.
James Hemy Edwards was the great-grandson of William Dorsey. Mr. Edwards was a member of this church and served as our organist for over fifty years. He departed this life in February of 1994. Charlotte and James, two of his children, are active members. Accurate records were not kept during the first few years of our church's existence. In 1894 to 1896. Reverend Leander A. Carter was the pastor of Jackson Chapel.